Structure Builder Kit

If you’ve received a Structure Builder Kit, this topic is for issues and feedback. Instructions and workshops for the Builder Kit are located here.

1 Like

I received my Structure Kit today, it’s great! For the temperature tutorial I get connected and data is transferred to Struture.io, buy the temperatures are all negative values. I have double/triple checked the orientation of the temperature sensor, but am hoping that you could point me in a troubleshooting direction. All of my connections seem to be the same as the walkthrough, but being a relative electronic beginner I don’t know where to start to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Ken W. Alger
Oregon

Hey Ken, would you mind dropping a picture of your kit? Just want to double-check the wiring before we dig too far.

Wiring looks good. Negative values sounds to me like no voltage is reaching the ADC input. Try swapping out some of the jumper wires. If you have a multimeter, reading the raw voltage from the TMP36 might also be helpful.

1 Like

I swapped out the wire from a5 to g24, and the negative numbers went away!!! Thanks for that tip.

Now my temperature is reading a nice, toasty, 280.60 degrees F. I swapped out the TMP36 with another one and got the same results. I’ll go back through with all new wires again and see if that gets things into a more reasonable results for the temperature range.

That sounds like the voltage divider isn’t working correctly. So you’re sending a value above 1v to ADC. Try changing out the jumper wire that’s going from H29 to ground.

1 Like