Structure Builder Kit

If you’ve received a Structure Builder Kit, this topic is for issues and feedback. Instructions and workshops for the Builder Kit are located here.

1 Like

Builder Kit - Temperature fluctuations >100º

I received my Structure Kit today, it’s great! For the temperature tutorial I get connected and data is transferred to Struture.io, buy the temperatures are all negative values. I have double/triple checked the orientation of the temperature sensor, but am hoping that you could point me in a troubleshooting direction. All of my connections seem to be the same as the walkthrough, but being a relative electronic beginner I don’t know where to start to troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Ken W. Alger
Oregon

0 Likes

Hey Ken, would you mind dropping a picture of your kit? Just want to double-check the wiring before we dig too far.

0 Likes

0 Likes

0 Likes

Wiring looks good. Negative values sounds to me like no voltage is reaching the ADC input. Try swapping out some of the jumper wires. If you have a multimeter, reading the raw voltage from the TMP36 might also be helpful.

1 Like

I swapped out the wire from a5 to g24, and the negative numbers went away!!! Thanks for that tip.

Now my temperature is reading a nice, toasty, 280.60 degrees F. I swapped out the TMP36 with another one and got the same results. I’ll go back through with all new wires again and see if that gets things into a more reasonable results for the temperature range.

0 Likes

That sounds like the voltage divider isn’t working correctly. So you’re sending a value above 1v to ADC. Try changing out the jumper wire that’s going from H29 to ground.

1 Like