Error Compiling Workshop-1-internet-button on Huzzah Feather

Hi Guys,

I am new to Losant and Huzzah Feather. I am trying out the Workshops but got stuck while trying to compile the project. I am getting the following error:

Arduino: 1.6.13 (Mac OS X), Board: “Generic ESP8266 Module, 80 MHz, 40MHz, QIO, 115200, 4M (1M SPIFFS), nodemcu, Disabled, None”

fork/exec /Users/jamesmcfarlane/Library/Arduino15/packages/esp8266/tools/xtensa-lx106-elf-gcc/1.20.0-26-gb404fb9-2/bin/xtensa-lx106-elf-g++: no such file or directory
Error compiling for board Generic ESP8266 Module.

Any help appreciated.

James

James,

So, the setup instructions are for the NodeMCU ESP8266. There is a board configured for the Huzzah. Check this out:

I’m going to make those instructions a bit more clear. Let me know if this work!

Hello anaptfoxf,

Thanks for the prompt response that got it working. But in the serial monitor a I am getting the wrong temperature readings. I have the TMP36 connected to left pin to +, center pin to the Huzzah Feather ADC and the right pin to - . Would this have anything to do that the max voltage for the ADC pin is 1 volt?

Connecting to Losant…Connected!
This device is now ready for use!
Button Pressed!

Temperature C: 166.91
Temperature F: 332.44

Temperature C: 167.09
Temperature F: 332.77

Temperature C: 166.85
Temperature F: 332.32

We moved away from the Feather Huzzah several months ago, so most of the instructions currently in our documentation are referring to the NodeMCU dev kit. The Feather requires different wiring and different firmware. You can get access to the original instructions here: https://docs.losant.com/getting-started/losant-iot-dev-kits/builder-kit-feather

The firmware is available here: GitHub - Losant/losant-kit-builder: Source code required for the Losant Builder Kit.

The Feather-based kit comes with additional resistors that act as a voltage divider. Check out the link above for the instructions on how to wire it up.