Problem with Retrieving Time Series Graph Historical Data

Hi Losant Team,

I’ve noticed that one of my standard Time Series Graph widgets started not to show data after the initial page load (so it shows curves on load, and does not show once I change its settings). Even when I choose:

• 7 day interval with 3 day resolution for 1 or 8 attributes, the widget shows the following error:

The same widget works fine within another dashboard even with a smaller time resolution. The behavior is the same with different internet connections I tried.

Could you advise if there is something I can do or you can help me with?

Thank you.

Hi @Alexander_Kondrov,

Could you provide the application and dashboard ID for where this issue is occurring?

Thanks!
Julia

Hi Julia,

Could you tell the best way to share those parameters with you? To raise a ticket?

Alexander

1 Like

Hi @Alexander_Kondrov,

I believe this is occurring as your “Communication Error” plot has an aggregation of None. The Time Series Block is able to plot up to 10,000 points at once, but with an aggregation of None, it will plot each state report for that attribute. Since state is not aggregated, the block is attempting to plot a point for every minute, which over 7 days is greater than 10,000, causing the “too much data” warning.

Thanks!
Julia

1 Like

Julia, right. I see now. It works.

Thank you for your help :slight_smile:

1 Like