Losant is not accepting the private key generated with the csr that created the ssl certificate

HI, I have generated a csr and corresponding private key, and when I install the key with the ssl certificate, it is claiming they do not match. Help?

Hey @Jon_Sheppard,

Welcome to the Losant Forums, we’re excited that you’re here!

For SSL Certificates on custom Domains in Experiences, Losant checks to see if the SSL Key matches the SSL Certificate. In cases where they do not match, you will get the error that you are seeing.

Could you go to this website and verify that what you have does match? This 3rd party site will help us verify whether or not the key & cert match.

Would you also be able to tell me a little more about how this certificate and key pair were generated? Were they generated by your Domain Name provider?

Thank you,
Heath

Hi Heath,
I generated the csr and key using cpanel for my client’s website that is attached to losant. I am away from desk at moment, but will try that out when I get back in office.

Regards,

Jon Sheppard

Jon Sheppard Media

403.820.0660‬

jonsheppardmedia.ca

fb.me/jonsheppardmedia

@Jon_Sheppard just wanted to follow up on this. Did you run your cert through the tool Heath suggested?

Hi Dylan, was just about to message. I managed to figure it out this morning, I had missed the key and was thereby uploading an older one that obviously doesn’t work. Thank you for your help.

Regards,

Jon Sheppard

Jon Sheppard Media

403.820.0660‬

jonsheppardmedia.ca

fb.me/jonsheppardmedia

Glad to hear it’s working. Thanks for following up.