SSL certificate

We are setting up an experience where the customer is adding the Cname Record within their Domain.
I was assuming I needed to setup the SSL cert, like I have done for many others, but they mentioned their DNS provider Cloudflare can automatically provide this.
Does that sound correct, and if so, is there something different I need to do on my experience Domain configuration within the SSL certificate section?

Somebody on our team just let me know that they have done the exact thing you are referring to here - using Cloudflare to automatically provide the SSL - and yes, it does work as described.

The only caveat is, since the SSL is not set through Losant, the experience domain will appear as “not secure” in the interface, when it is in fact secured through Cloudflare’s SSL.

Will it just appear “not secure” just in the backend Losant domain config page or when visiting the URL in the browser.
If just within the Losant , that’s ok.
I just found this: https://docs.losant.com/guides/how-to-use-cloudflare-with-losant-experiences/
It says:

So I still need to obtain a SSL key?

Right, it will appear as “not secure” in the Losant UI, because in Losant, we are not aware of the SSL installed at the Cloudflare level. But requests made by your users to the domain will be secured.

No need to obtain an SSL key in that case.

Do I have to use the asterisk with a cloudflare setup as shown in the example: *.example.com ,
or can I still use a name like cname.example.com ?

The asterisk indicates a wildcard, meaning requests to any subdomain of example.com (www.example.com, iot.example.com, lars.example.com) would be caught.

If you plan on only using a single subdomain, I recommend using the explicit subdomain (no asterisk), whatever it may be.

ok. and I got it to work too.

Not sure if this is related, but accessing this site where Cloudflare has the cert, seems to load slower and sometimes I see a “text” version of an experience page before it loads fully.
Could that be because of the cert not residing on Losant and delays communication?