Gps coordinates not being inserted

I have a test workflow to just insert some gps coordinates by a virtual button.
But the coordinate are not being inserted in attribute “location” which is a gps type attribute field.

x and y gets inserted fine.

What am I doing wrong?

@Lars_Andersson,

Would you be able to provide me a screenshot of your Application Debug panel when you click this Virtual Button? This will have some useful information about this issue.

Would you also be able to provide a screenshot of the device’s attribute page?

Thank you,
Heath

Hey @Lars_Andersson,

Looking at your Application Log, it looks like the GPS string is making it into the location attribute you have defined.

What is happening that is indicating to you that something is wrong?

Thank you,
Heath

When I look in the “Data Explorer” and “All Data (Table)”, nothing shows in the “location” field column.

This test application is in the Sandbox, is that maybe the problem?

When doing a dashboard using gps coordinates, it’s actually showing coordinates !
Looks like they are just not visible in the Data Explorer.

Should I report this as a bug?

In the Data Explorer window, in the “All Data (Table)” Tab, do you see your GPS Data?

The reason you would not see this in the “Graphs” or “Aggregates” tab is that Losant does not try to aggregate or average a GPS String, and Losant does not graph string attributes in the Data Explorer.

Thank you,
Heath

No I do not see any location data in table view, but the other fields are populated.

Could you please share a screenshot of your Data Explorer?

A reminder that Losant will not attempt to aggregate GPS String data. If you select an Aggregate of None (image below), does your Location data populate in the All Data Table?

Thank you,
Heath

Aah, that was the missing piece. Switching to Aggregation=none.

Thanks