Alexa doesn't seem to connect properly to Losant

I followed the guide to connect Alexa to Losant and think it is setup properly however when use Alexa to ask a question it is supposed to query Losant and return the “Hello World” statement however that isn’t working. They guide says to use the North America Endpoint however the default one is mandatory. I populated both with the key but it doesn’t seem to work. Please help.

Thanks

John

Hi @John_Lapham,

When you talk to the skill, do you see your Losant Workflow triggering? You can see this using the Debug Node.

There are a lot of reasons why this may not be working. Could you provide information (Screenshots, etc.)? That would help a ton to figure out what’s going on here.

Hi,

yes i was using the debug and that’s why i knew it wasn’t working. Come to find out I was using the wrong testing mechanism on the Alexa portion so it is sorted out. Thanks for your response. I do have another question if you don’t mind however. I am trying to manually enter GPS coordinates for each of my stationary devices that I have in my fields. But i cannot figure out how to do that. I have searched the internet and this forum but haven’t seen anything or any examples of people doing it. Can you please point me in the right direction?

Sweet! Happy you got things working.

Yes, we have a pending feature for this. I’ll be sure to let you know if/when that feature gets released.

In the meantime, the best solution now would be to store your GPS value as a tag on the device. Then, using a Workflow, on a timer, you can pull the device and report its tag as its GPS state. I recommend using a large period ( once a month ) for the timer.

I am having the same issue in trying to add the GPS Coordinates on the device otherwise I would have done exactly what you recommended. Please let me know if/when this feature comes out, i have a need for it. Thanks.

1 Like