Download/Export device data directly to local machine instead of via email link

Hi,

Is there a way to download/export device data directly to local machine (instead of getting a link in an email)? I have looked through Losant platform as well as Losant Rest API Python, but I couldn’t find the solution.

You can download a CSV directly to your local machine in many cases:

• The Application Data Explorer - under the All Data (Table) tab

• Under a specific device’s Data tab - click the three-dot icon on the top right

• Under a Device State Table block on a dashboard - click the Gear icon

Please let us know if you have any further questions!

Follow up question. Can I use Losant Rest API Python to download device-data.csv to local machine?
What I’m trying to do is to write a Python script in Databricks that downloads the device-data.csv to Databricks local machine and then writes the table to Azure Blob Storage as parquet files. Per my company’s security policy, I can’t open up all IP addresses for Losant to “push” the device data directly to our Azure Blob Storage. That’s why I have to take this alternative route.

Unfortunately, there is no API endpoint that will synchronously generate a CSV, so I do not believe that will be possible. The only options for generating CSV files currently are through the frontend, using the methods I listed above.

Please let us know if you have any other questions - we are here to help!