Device Data 'Time' Format

Hi there,

I’ve just exported some data from one of my devices and I was happy to see that there is a time stamp on the data. However, I’m not sure how to interpret it. Is there any way to get the actual date and time out of my time stamp of “1469134008192”? Or am I just left to figure it out for myself when the data was received?

Answered my own question: http://www.epochconverter.com/#tools

I was going to send you to a similar link. We’ll look into if it makes more sense to use a UTC-style date when outputting device data, instead of the Epoch timestamp.

In the meantime, if you’d like to convert the entire file at once, you can convert the CSV to an Excel format and drop in a column with a formula.

Here’s a video on how to do that:

Note, instead of the formula they give in the video, use this one instead since we output in milliseconds instead of seconds:
((CELL + 3600000 × −4)÷86400000)+DATE(1970,1,1)

The -4 is the timezone offset. If you’re currently in Eastern time, leave it as is. For Central time, use -5, etc. An example file is attached.

date-time-example.zip (7.1 KB)

1 Like

@Jana_R in our next release, which should be in a few days, device data exports will include a column for Unix timestamp as well as a column for time in ISO 8601 format, which is much more human-readable.

1 Like

@Jana_R this feature has been released. Device data exports now include ISO dates as well as milliseconds since the Unix Epoch.

1 Like