Device:Export Node wrong HOUR timestamp

:sos:Currently I have a dashboard Report Input Control Box that triggers a dashboard Device:Export Losant API process with 3 options for ‘back in time’ reporting (in ms) : 24 hrs, 7 days and 30 days :arrow_heading_down:

The report is sent to an e-mail, looks great - but the actual HOUR in the ISO Date is ‘off’ by 5 hours (I’m assuming is a Time Zone issue as I’m in GMT-5) :arrow_heading_down:

I tried various things, looked for solutions on the Forums, including adding a 5hr difference/Time Zone option in the dashboard box :arrow_heading_down:
But I just end up actually offsetting not just the HOUR but ALL data by 5 HOURS since the problem here is just the HOUR ‘stamp’, not the whole data. I can ‘fix’ this in the final :page_facing_up:CSV/XLS VBA report, but was wondering if I’m missing something or if there’s a way to do it right out of the platform which would be best. All :ballot_box:suggestions are welcomed. Thanks, :red_circle:

Hi @Jose_Cruz,

I might recommend trying out the {{formatDate }} helper or the Date/Time Node. I frequently use these with a template of YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ss[Z], as it forms my timestamp without the UTC offset. This should remove the 5-hour date change you are seeing while still displaying the time correctly.

Please let me know if this does not work with your use case!

Thanks,
Julia

1 Like

Ok, let me try that and I’ll get back to you - as always, thank you and :christmas_tree:Merry Xmas to all at :infinity:Losant. :red_circle:

1 Like