TLS error with Losant API

I have a device that runs node 10 which defaults to TLS 1.0, and I was getting either ECONNRESET or a handshake error when I made a /devices GET request from the device. I tried a couple of things to fix this like setting the minimum TLS version node argument to 1.2 and a different firmware version with node 14 (which defaults to TLSv1.2), but I wasn’t able to get the API request to complete.

What’s weird is in the last few days the device came online, so it must have been able to complete that request - the device connection depends on the device querying for itself or adding itself with the API. I saw the post about dropping support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1 and was wondering if anything has changed yet on the server side, or if I was having some other issue. Thanks!

Device Errors:

[   37.395] [1611:1839:0905/111338.525313:ERROR:ssl_client_socket_impl.cc(1050)] handshake failed; returned -1, SSL error code 1, net_error -101
{
  "stack":"Error: read ECONNRESET
at TLSWrap.onStreamRead (internal/stream_base_commons.js:111:27)",
  "message": "read ECONNRESET",
  "code": "ECONNRESET",
  "config": {}
}

Hi @tedbyron ,

Can you share specific dates/times that this occurred? We haven’t made any changes within the past few days that should affect this.

Haven’t had it occur recently because I think I figured it out - when the device uses a cellular modem for internet the issue happens but when the device is on our local network it doesn’t. So it may just be a firewall/security setting on our cell modems.