HTTP Node Changed Its behaviour on Jan 10

Hi Losant Team,

I’ve been using the HTTP Node with Get request and SSL verification disabled as a part of the workflow for fetching data from a pool of devices. All of them went offline on Jan 10 2020 at about 4.30 PM Paris time.

I’ve checked the node output and that’s what it returns instead of a fetched html data:

{
“error”: {
“error”: {
“message”: “write EPROTO 140420599859008:error:1425F102:SSL routines:ssl_choose_client_version:unsupported protocol:…/deps/openssl/openssl/ssl/statem/statem_lib.c:1929:\n”,
“name”: “HttpError”
}

}
}

Could you advise me quickly what was the root cause?

Thank you.

Hi Alexander,

In our most recent Platform Release, we upgraded some underlying libraries that, by default, removed support for TLS 1.0 and 1.1. At the moment, our engineering team is re-enabling support for them within the HTTP Node, but we recommend moving to TLS 1.2 as many browsers and services are dropping support for these due to security flaws. I will update you once this fix has been released!

Thanks,
Julia

Hi Julia,

Thank you for the update. I agree that moving to newer versions of security standards is always good especially when there is a way to upgrade field devices that support old versions only. I think we should keep in mind that the latter is not always possible.

The connection of my devices has been restored.

1 Like

Hi Alexander,

Awesome! Yes, the fix has been released, both TLS 1.0 and 1.1 have been re-enabled within the HTTP Node :smile:

Thank you so much for your patience,
Julia

1 Like