Querying Groups and Users top down?

Hi there,

Is it possible to fetch groups and users in a top-down manner? I see there is an includeAncerstors flag on the API but no top-down filter.

We are building a complete standalone User and organization management console which is also multi-tenant and multi-level. Can we pull in a group and all its child groups and also the same for the users?

Any direction or help will be much appreciated. Thanks

Hi @Suroor_Wijdan,

Could you describe your use case a bit further? I am pulling some resources for you now on how to accomplish this.

Thanks!
Julia

Hi @Suroor_Wijdan,

There is currently a feature request open for this functionality as it is not currently possible to get all of the users and subusers of a group. However, the following posts include similar questions or may assist as you build your multi-level user view:

Thanks so much!
Julia

Thanks for the information @JuliaKempf. I have implemented the basic filtration of users but it would be best to have that feature, just like we have for includeAncestorsGroup.

I will keep a check on when it gets released. Thanks

@JuliaKempf @anaptfox Is this feature still in the works or rolled out? Just checking in.

@Suroor_Wijdan I don’t have much of an update here. The best option remains the Group: Summary Node for querying groups top-down, which does not provide all group details such as members, tags, device associations, etc.

We did publish a library template backed by this node that displays the groups in a collapsible tree if that is of interest you.