Please expose device ID or allow devices to be searched by Device ID in Devices listing

Hi

Hiding the deviceid’s in device listing in the most recent platoform update in my opinion a retrograde step.

I use the deviceid’s a lot when looking logs, config files etc. A quick glance in the old device listing allowed you to find a device by deviceid either visually or Browser search (use F3)

Unfortunately search in the devices view does not allow me to find a device by it’s DeviceID.

So it pretty hard to quickly find a device if that is all you have.

Thanks

T

You have an excellent point and we’ll put the ID back in the table right away.

As for searching by an ID, that is also a good idea and i’ve submitted a feature request for it. As a workaround, you can always directly access a device by its ID using the URL:

https://app.losant.com/applications/<your-app-id>/devices/<your-device-id>

@Tim_Hoffman,

As always, thanks for your feedback. You should see that the ID’s are back in the table. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi

I can now see deviceId’s in the device listing. Thanks for such a quick turnaround, that helps a lot.

However one problem with deviceid’s still lurks here ;-(

It appears when viewing a specific device, no where is the deviceid shown, nor is the copy deviceid button appearing. Which means to get the device id, it would appear one has to navigate back to the device listing :wink: It is visible of course in the URL.

Of course once we start getting data fed the device id will appear in the debug log.

Cheers

T

Hi @Tim_Hoffman,

Excellent point, I will log this with our engineers and get back to you should it be reintroduced.

Thanks!
Julia

The copy ID button moved to the left next to the name.

Hi Brandon

losant_no_copy

When I raised this I was looking at this device. It appears the long name is obscuring or preventing the copy button from being presented.

I have since found the copy button on devices with shorter names :wink:

T

Hi @Tim_Hoffman,

I see what you mean here, I will create a ticket with our engineering team and let you know when this has been implemented.

Thanks!
Julia