Multiple Device dashboard rendering

We would like to build a generic summary dashboard showing attributes from multiple devices for each of our users. Some users have more devices than others. As a result the dashboard has to be able to only render blocks or time series lines based on the number of devices passed in through pageData.

Is this possible or would it need to be done through custom page development? A simple example being: 1 user has 2 temperature devices, when they login the dashboard renders with 2 gauges showing temperature and 2 lines on a time series graph showing temperature history. A seperate users might have 5 temperature devices, when they login the dashboard renders with 5 gauges showing temperature and 5 lines on a time series graph showing temperature history.

It is not currently possible to dynamically change the number of blocks on a dashboard.

With next week’s release of device tag context variables, you will be able to dynamically change the number of devices represented in a single dashboard block. For your example, this would allow user A to see two device’s data on a time series graph, while user B sees 5.

That should get you one step in the right direction. For anything further, you’ll have to build a custom Experience Page to display the data in the form you’d like.

1 Like

Thanks Brandon, look forward to trying that out.

Just having a play with this now, I’ve setup the tag context variable, when I build the time series graph I have inserted the tag context into the “Device IDs / Tags”, so what I get is a single line representing the aggregation of all devices with that tag. Any way to render multiple lines based on number of devices associated with the context tag or am i missing something? cheers

On the time series graph, when a device tag is used, it will aggregate all the devices together into the single series. It’s not currently possible to dynamically change the number of lines on the graph using context variables.

The GPS history block does work like you want. When using a tag, it will put a pin and a line on the block for each device within the tag.

1 Like