More flexibility in sizing section block

section-block
dashboard

It would be great to have a bit more control over the size of the section block. The minimum height is quite large in some situations, especially how it renders on a phone. Sometimes I only want to place a very small amount of text or information, but the section block winds up taking almost as much space as a gauge and can look awkward.

It would also be nice to support markdown in the title of the header as well!

Thanks.

0 Likes

Supporting Markdown in the section header should be doable. As for the height flexibility, we have some improvements related to dashboards - especially in mobile views - already in the pipeline, and that issue should be addressed there.

1 Like

I would probably suggest supporting markdown within all the block header text areas if that is possible, in addition to the section headers.

0 Likes

Markdown is actually already supported in block titles, so you can easily add things like links!

0 Likes

is it possible to add little images/icons in the headers?

0 Likes

Yup! The headers don’t resize, they are a fixed height, so dropping larger images won’t look good. But icons or small images work great.

0 Likes

That is awesome! thanks.

0 Likes

if I store icons on Losant Files, can I reference them like this ![image](https://files.onlosant.com/xxxxxxxxx/image.png) ?

0 Likes

Yup, that should work without a problem.

0 Likes

Any plan on some kind of vertical separator block, or is there a way to do that some other way?

0 Likes

There is not currently a plan for these, but I will request it as a feature from our dev team! I am not sure if there is a good way around this currently, but I have seen great dashboard organization using the normal section header to “separate” off sections, like so:

Thanks,
Julia

0 Likes