Inputs for Image overlay block

The new image overlay block in the recent platform update is great.

What would make it so much more powerful would be input controls as overlay options. For example, if you could send commands by clicking on virtual buttons that would really complete the picture! One could then make virtual representations of equipment or processes and interact with them by controlling various aspects. Imagine an image of a real control panel where you could click its virtual button and see its response.

Hi @paul_wareham,

Thanks so much, I will pass this feature request on to our engineers. I know it will likely be a pretty big task, so I will keep you updated and let you know if it is selected and implemented!

Thanks,
Julia

2 Likes

As a follow up to this question, is there a way/future feature for Experience users to ‘move’ the overlays’ objects inside an Image Overlay Block by themselves to whatever x,y position inside the Experience dashboard image instead of the Admin doing this? Thanks, :red_circle:

1 Like

Hey @Jose_Cruz,

Having your Experience Users move the image overlays in the Image Overlay Block isn’t possible right now. I’ll put a feature request in, and keep you updated with any information I learn!

Thank you,
Heath

1 Like

:+1: Thank you Heath! :red_circle:

1 Like