Filter Device List Block by connection status

Is there a way to filter the device list or a device list block by connection status? I would like to see a list of all devices in my system that are either in a connected or disconnected state.

Thanks in advance

Hi @Todd_Danner,

Welcome to the Losant Forums! This functionality is not currently available for the Device List Block, but I will create a Feature Request and let you know should it be implemented. At the moment, the closest functionality to this would be the Device Connection Log Block, and also allows you to select multiple devices.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!
Julia

Hi Julia,

Thanks, this seems like an important feature that be good to have.

Is there a way for me to at least get a total count of disconnected/offline devices?

Thanks,

Todd

Hi @Todd_Danner,

There is a forum post here with a similar question, I would recommend checking it out! Keep in mind, if you decide to use the Device: Get Node, that these devices must have a common factor (such as parent system or tags). Should you choose to use the Losant API Node, you would need minimal configuration to return a full list of devices that also includes connection information:

Then, using a Loop Node, you could count each disconnected device and return the total at the end of the loop:

Please let me know if I can assist further!

Thanks,
Julia