Edit Device List - Dashboard

Hello, I would like to be able to change the “Name” column of the Device List "all others are possible except this one. It would be necessary to customize the block in the language of our customers (column title). As it is, I can only leave everything in English.

Hi @Andressa_Borre,

This is a great use case, I will create a Feature Request with our engineering team and will follow up should it be selected for development in the near future.

If you have any additional details or questions, please let me know!

Thanks,
Julia

1 Like

Hi @Andressa_Borre,

I do apologize, on second look I realized this can be accomplished currently! In order to create a new “Name” column, follow the following steps:

1. This isn’t required, but you can delete the currently existing “Name” column.
  2. Create a Custom column with your own header for the language you would like to use.
  3. The Row Template is preconfigured with your device names. If you would like to add the description, you can use {{format device.description}}
  4. Create a Markdown link for the device. You can do this with Markdown:
(<text on display>)[<link>]
[{{format device.name}}](https://app.losant.com/applications/<applicationId>/devices/{{format device.deviceId}})

This will allow you to recreate the Name column with your own column name:

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks,
Julia

1 Like

Thank you, Julia!

One more doubt! I need to change the name of the columns for the “Edit event list” block, but there is no option to configure this currently. The reason is the same as the previous one, our users would like to see a column with their language.

Hi @Andressa_Borre,

Ah, you’re correct, for this one I will need to create a Feature Request, as this block does not support a Custom column. If you’re currently utilizing Experiences, you could write some custom CSS and Javascript to change (or add) this text for your customer’s language, though it will be more difficult than adding a Custom column. Still, I will be sure to pass this request to the engineering team and follow up should I hear anything soon!

Thanks so much,
Julia

1 Like

Hello, if this feature comes out could you let me know?

1 Like

@Andressa_Borre absolutely, I’ll follow up on this thread to let you know!

Ok, thank you very much in advance!

@JuliaKempf Hi Julia, is there an update regarding this feature? I am facing the same issue as Andressa

@Benjamin_M We actually have implemented this feature! Apologies for not following up on this thread sooner.

Check out the above link and let us know if you have any questions.