Dynamic Dashboard Blocks

I’d like to be able to create a general dashboard with blocks that are visible or not depending on use.

Meaning, we have a generic product with 17 possible data inputs, but the customers need is only 5 inputs. The other 12 attributes on the device are never reported on. So when they pull up the dashboard for that device, only 5 blocks are shown for the 5 input data attributes being reported, and the other blocks do not show at all since they have no data.

That way I can create one dashboard for many different use cases.

Hi @Jonathan_Betke,

I will create a feature request for this and let you know if it should become available, I can definitely see a use case!

Have a great day,
Julia

1 Like

any updates in this topic?

There is no update on this specific feature. One of the challenges is what to do with the empty space. With blocks being all different sizes, there’s no way (that we’ve thought of yet) to re-layout the dashboard to fill the empty space in a way that works for all use cases.

For example, if we chose to shift blocks up to fill empty space, that might cause two blocks that were intentionally aligned next to each other to become unaligned.

Open to any thoughts you might have as to what to do when a block is hidden. How are the other blocks re-arranged to fill that space?