Device Name Link Redirecting to Wrong Dashboard

Hello,

I noticed that there are a number of devices that are not functioning properly. In my dashboard application, there is an overview page, which shows information on all endpoints in the user experience, and then a details page, which shows more specific information related to a single endpoint. You can direct to this details page by clicking on the Device Name in two different Device State Tables, or the GPS History Block by clicking on the Device Name after selecting its pin on the map. For a number of devices, clicking on the Device Name redirects you back to the same Overview page you are already on, rather than the Device details page.

This is impacting devices with the last 4 digits of their name ending in 61C*, C1D*, and >= 61B6.

Let me know if there are any questions.

Thank you,
Kyle

It took a bit of time to piece together what was going on here; in the future, you may include dashboard or application IDs in these posts. They are not considered sensitive.

See the attached screenshots, which come from the Debug Log of the endpoint that serves up your device detail experience page. In one, a Conditional Node check fails and redirects the user back to the overview dashboard (your problem). In the other, which does not match the names you provided, the Conditional Node branches down the true path and leads to a detail dashboard.

FYI, I also had one of Losant’s internal team members, who had access to your application, create me an Experience User so that I could reproduce the issue. You may delete that user if this answers your question.

Hello Dylan,

Thank you for the prompt reply, and I will be sure to include the dashboard and/or application IDs in the future to help facilitate finding a solution.

So it sounds like, if I am understanding correctly, that the logic flow is directing some of the devices from “Found Index” to “Home: Reply” rather than “Switch”, is that correct? I am not sure what is different in the device settings for the device it is not working for compared to the devices it is working for. They seem to have identical settings in both the Losant and Senet platforms.

Could you provide further clarification on “In one, a Conditional Node check fails and redirects the user back to the overview dashboard (your problem). In the other, which does not match the names you provided, the Conditional Node branches down the true path and leads to a detail dashboard.” Are you saying that screenshot does not match the names of the devices I provided, or the conditional node?

Going to PM you more details shortly as I don’t want to expose the inner workings of your application in this public forum, but the upshot is that those devices were redirecting to the overview dashboard not because of a bug, but because that is how your experience was designed to behave.