Dashboard not showing same values

I have a dashboard that shows me different values if I log in as admin to the platform, compared to logged in as an experience user.
What would make this happen?
I cleared browser cache on both computers I’m testing with.

Hi Lars,

Could you provide the dashboard ID for the application this is happening in? Any relevant screenshots would also be helpful in pinpointing the issue here.

Thanks!
Julia

5d891a9f75637500064d2ff5

I’ve only seen it happen on the gauge called “Motor 1 duty cycle last hour”

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

I took a look at your dashboard and I don’t see anything obvious; I would expect something like this when context and user tags are involved, but I am seeing that you don’t have any for this dashboard and dashboard block. What kind of variation are you seeing? Would you be able to include a screenshot of the admin and experience user views side-by-side if you can capture the difference?

Thanks!
Julia

@Lars_Andersson,

Just a reminder, the forums are public. So, we removed the previous post. In the future, if you would like to send private info, let us know, and we can start a DM chat with you to share appropriately!

Overall, screenshots are okay and very helpful for us to debug. But, I would only share if you are comfortable with them shown publicly.

Ok, thanks for doing that.

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

I do believe I have located the issue here. It looks as though you have set up User Groups and specified the devices each groups has access to. It looks as though you have done this for all but one group, which, I am hoping, is the group that is seeing 0% in the dial. Since they do not have access to this device, they would not be able to view the data displayed on the dashboard.
Let me know if this solves it!
Julia

no if I log on as an experience user under my user name I still see 0%

1 Like

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

Our engineering team did confirm that this is indeed a bug. Fortunately, the fix should be quite easy for you! All you will need to do is set the aggregation value in your block configuration to something other than “MEAN,” such as “LAST” or “MIN,” and save the block. Then you can go back in and set the block back to “MEAN,” essentially refreshing the aggregation. Sorry for the issues, and thanks again for your patience!

Let me know if this does not solve it,
Julia

That fixed it, thanks

1 Like

just curious, was this a bug related to just the gauge block or should I watch for any other conditions?