Custom Input Art

I am not seeing a way to do this, so am submitting this as a feature request. I would like to add custom art to an input control, in this case a power on/power off widget. My preference is for the user to see a standard power switch icon, the circle broken with a vertical line at the top. Is there any way to sneak in some custom art that acts as “the button”?

Hi Nathan,

Thank you for your suggestion :smile: I will create a feature request for this and let you know if it is implemented!

Have a great day,
Julia

Hi Nathan,

A fellow engineer pointed out that you can use emojis in the Input Block, so if you were to use a Button Trigger, you could use emojis (something like :arrow_forward: and :pause_button:) to display on and off. I did still create a feature request for this, but in the meantime, emojis may provide a temporary solution.

Thanks!
Julia

Thanks. I will look into the emoji angle as well.

Ideally, I would be able to use some custom HTML, a bit of my own JavaScript and perhaps a CSS reference to style the resulting display. You’d obviously want to sandbox it in some way so that the JavaScript cannot easily mangle the enclosing structure.

Hi @Nathan_Dickson,

I wanted to inform you that Custom HTML Blocks were released with our recent Platform Release. Thank you so much for your input!

Have a great day,
Julia

Oh, that’s awesome! Thanks for looking into that! Will check it out soon.