CSV download for a device state table

Is it possible to have a CSV download button for a device state table in an experience website?

Assuming you’re referring to adding a button next to the block in a dashboard page, it’s not possible now. But it’s a great feature idea and I’ll add it to our backlog.

With a custom page, you could get there but it would be a lot of work. You would have to …

• Query the data in the workflow responding to the endpoint request
  • Convert it to a CSV format, probably using a Function Node
  • Reply to the endpoint request with the CSV data. We don’t currently allow generating a file within our workflows so the content would be sent back to the browser in its raw form and it would be up to the user to download it.

ok it would be a good feature to have because you see it in a lot of analytics dashboard so customers expect this and thinks it is easy to do

1 Like

Dylan,

I think the original poster is trying to achieve the the same thing I had in mind but I just want confirmation. I would like to be able to query a bunch of data from a device and generate a custom CSV file in which one of the two scenarios would happen (Whichever is easier to implement):

1. Email the CSV directly to a user given an email address provided in an Input Control Block.
  2. Prompt the user to download the generated CSV directly from the dashboard.

I assume option 2 would be done using what you mentioned above correct?
Is option 1 even possible?

Thanks

1 Like

I’d like to be able to do the same thing.

1 Like