Could you provide an outline for dealing with Multi-lingual requirements for dashboard

Hi

I need to be able display dashboards in multiple languages.
Can you recommend an approach (other than create multiple duplicate dashboards with just language text changed)

Thanks

T

Hey @Tim_Hoffman2,

We do not have a specific outline or step-by-step process for you to follow. My suggestion would be to search for a library that you can use in our Experiences or to set Context Variables to be text for the language of choice.

I believe a Feature Request was raised for this exact same thing here and here, so I will double check the status and get back to you with any updates!

Thank you,
Heath

Hi

I figured this is the case. Its clear Losant as a platform isn’t multi-lingual yet :wink:
I am having trouble seeing how we could use context variables for dashboard localisation.

Almost everything in the dashboard (titles, axis labels, descriptions ) would then need to be sent in as separate context variables.

There would have to be some sort of lookup mechanism within the dashboard widgets to look up names (from a table) based on field name and language context variable.

Thanks

T