Charging indicator

I searched but didn’t see any thing. My devices are solar charged. Is there a way to show the charing state on the dashboard?

Hi @Eddie_Elsenburg,

Is the charge level available as a value on the device? If the device is able to report to Losant, and the charge level is accessible, you can report the state to a device attribute and display it on the dashboard.

Thanks!
Julia

The charge is reporting to losant and I have the battery displayed on the dashboard as a percentage. I would like to add a little lightening bolt if the battery is charging

Hi @Eddie_Elsenburg,

Thanks for the clarification. Is there currently an attribute to determine if it is charging? Or are you hoping for some direction on how to determine if it is or is not charging?

Currently, the best way to append a lightning bolt if the device is charging would be to use the Custom HTML Block. You could also use the Gauge Block and an Indicator Block side-by-side. If the device is not charging, you could leave the Indicator empty, but if it is charging, you could turn the Gauge battery and Indicator background green and also use a lightning bolt emoji:

Thanks!
Julia

Thanks for the tip. My devices send back a value of 5 for not charging and 1-4 for charging and of course 0 if offline. I will play around with it later as I am currently unable to get to a computer.
Thanks again

1 Like

I got this to work. Thank you for all the help.

1 Like