Can't connect AZURE IoT Hub to Losant

Hi,

I am successfully sending MQTT messages with my device to Azure IoT hub and I want to visualize the data in Losant. I have created the workflow that fetches the MQTT integration I created for Azure.

I have followed this tutorial but I am unable to receive any MQTT messages. Losant seems to not be able to connect to Azure’s “broker”.

Any ideas?

thanks

Hello @Eduardo_wewer,

I have created the workflow that fetches the MQTT integration I created for Azure.

Could you tell me more about this workflow? What MQTT Integration are you fetching? Could you share a screenshot of this workflow?

Losant seems to not be able to connect to Azure’s “broker”.

Are you seeing any errors or anything that would indicate that Losant is unable to connect?

As an update, we do have a newer guide for sending device data from Azure IoT to Losant. Have you attempted this approach?

Thank you,
Heath

Hi Heath,

So the broker is not connected image.

I will try the other method but this one seemed more straightforward.

@Eduardo_wewer,

Were you able to generate the SAS token with the iothub-explorer npm package? From the screenshot you included, it looks like your trying to make a connection with the SharedAccessSignature rather than a generated token.

Thank you,
Heath

From the tutorial:

It seems they are the same thing.

thanks

@Eduardo_wewer,

It will take me some time to run through this process and verify that things have not changed with Azure since the publication of the blog post you referenced.

Once I do, I will be sure to update you with anything I find.

In the meantime, the only other recommendation I can make is to verify that the security policy that you copied the connection string - primary key for has the correct permissions.

Thank you,
Heath