About the Losant University category

Going through Losant University and have questions? Feel free to share anything about Losant University here.

I’ve been going through the university and have done well with the simulated devices so far, is there a good guide on how to connect to real devices? I’m working with someone who has a gateway currently connected to Radio Bridge and then to Tago. He wants to move to Losant and I want to help him do that and build the Experiences for him.

Thanks.

Hey @Mark_Harrell,

Welcome to the Losant Forums! Happy to hear that you have enjoyed Losant University and have done well.

Getting data to the Losant Platform is the first big hurdle. For Gateways, you can use our Edge Agent. More generally, you can send data via HTTP requests to a Webhook, or through MQTT with the Losant Broker.

a gateway currently connected to Radio Bridge and then to Tago.

How is the data being transmitted from the Radio Bridge device to Tago?

Please let me know if I’ve answered your question or if there is anything else I can help with.

Thank you,
Heath

@Mark_Harrell,

A bit more:

Here is a video that uses our The Things Network Application Template to decode raw sensor data from a Radio Bridge LoRaWAN device and sending it to Losant with The Things Network HTTP Integration.

Please let me know if you have any questions!

Thank you,
Heath

I think it is MQTT, but being new to IOT and looking at something that was already setup, I’m not sure.

Thanks for the video.