Working with embedded dashboards and widgets

We are attempting to embed or link a dashboard to one of our experience pages.
We were using the {{ element …}} helper function, with some success. I was wondering is there a limitation to the number of dashboards you can have on one experience page? Seems that it only allows one per page. Is there a way to have two dashboards, say on different tabs or div’s on the page?

Also, when using the embed script provided in the dashboard settings or the individual block settings, there is Losant branding and a link in the bottom left corner. I’m assuming this is permanent and that we can’t override that or at least removing the link? - we don’t want our customers leaving our site, but could accept the ‘powered by…’ if it wasn’t also a link.

Thanks in advance,
Stephen

I was wondering is there a limitation to the number of dashboards you can have on one experience page?

There is, because the {{element}} helper writes values to the global window object - such as the token used to authenticate data requests for that instance of the dashboard. Putting two of these on the same page will cause the first token to be overwritten by the second, and that will cause data requests for the first to fail.

This is one of those things we’ve had our eye on fixing for a while but it hasn’t ever come up. I’ll talk with the team about other options here to allow multiple dashboards per page. Though I am curious about your use case and why you are using two separate dashboards instead of just having all of the blocks combined into a single one?

Also, when using the embed script provided in the dashboard settings or the individual block settings, there is Losant branding and a link in the bottom left corner. I’m assuming this is permanent and that we can’t override that or at least removing the link? - we don’t want our customers leaving our site, but could accept the ‘powered by…’ if it wasn’t also a link.

I’ll file a feature request to suppress that branding.

Hi Dylan,
Thanks for the response.
I understand the technical challenge to support more than one dashboard using the {{ element }} helper.
Our use case for multiple dashboards is based on our desire to show different data based on the user’s selected device type and the subscription level for that device. We have chosen a System-Router (gateway)-end device architecture, so depending what device in the tree the user selected, we wanted to display different dashboards without a page refresh. On top of that, we have devices that have basic time-series data, and some that are on a ‘pro’ level subscription, so the later will have more data available to the user, and the user could have a mix of these in there system. Here’s an example of the number of dashboards (minimized for clarity) that we could have:

If we could display a few dashboards at a time, we could show the appropriate combo of ‘sub’-dashboards based on the device selected. If we are restricted to just one dashboard, then we would have to create a full dashboard for each possible combination. As well, our preference would have these discrete types of data sets in different tabs for a cleaner user experience.

As for the embedded option and the Losant branding, would it be possible to not show the branding if the dashboard is embedded in a Losant experience page, but leave for 3rd party embedding? Note that embedding is not our preferred option as this introduces an iframe, which causes a host of other UI anomalies.

Thanks again,
Stephen