Workflow variables n edge

What is the easiest way to exchange some variable information between edge workflows?
I was thinking of using application globals, but it doesn’t look like I can change a global value from an edge workflow. Read something about useing Redis or Mongo, but isn’t there a better way?

You’re referring to communication between two different edge workflows running on the same edge compute device? If you just want to share information between the two and access it as needed, I’d recommend the SQL Node using SQLite. Any workflow on the device can write to and read from the same local database file.

If you’d rather an event-based approach - as in, take some immediate action in Workflow B when Workflow A changes a value - you have a number of options …

Then, if you wanted to store that value, you could use a Storage: Set Node on Workflow B.

Might be related… can you UDP Send to a local SQL DB ip / port and stash data that way?

But the SQL Node look to be able to read and write… seems like the easiest

@emcdee,

Yes, you could use the UDP Send Node to send to a local server, which then would then write to SQL, but it’s not advised due to the caveats we’ve outlined in our documentation. As suggested, the SQL Node is more reliable and easier to integrate.

1 Like