Webhook Throttling limits

I have some questions around limits for webhooks:
The documentation for webhooks says: “Webhook requests are limited to 100 calls in a 10-second window (or, on average, 10 per second) per webhook”.

1. Our usage says we can have up to 1000 webhooks. Does that mean we can have 100 000 calls in a 10-second window if we use all of them (assuming we fall within our payload usage)?
  2. In our payload usage there is a sub-metric: “Webhook requests received”. Our shows about 50% for this period. Does that mean there is a further limit on webhook payloads in addition to payloads in general?

Hi @Wesley_Manning

1. That would technically be correct given balanced traffic across each webhook. However, could you give me some more detail about your use case here? How do you plan to use 1000 webhooks? That would help me ensure we point you down the right direction.
  2. Webhook usage does count towards your overall payload usage. As you are resource planning, keep in mind that actions in your workflow could result in additional payloads, too (like reporting state).

If you have questions about your payload usage, I recommend reaching out to your account manager. Or, I’m happy to answer more here!

@anaptfox Right now we use one webhook to report device state. We plan on adding more devices and it’s possible to exceed the webhook limit. We might add one or two more webhooks to handle the increased traffic. We don’t plan on using anywhere near the 1000 but I was just curious.

OK I see. Can you explain the “Webhook requests received” metric? There’s the payloads metric which we are not close to exceeding but then below it there is the “webhook requests recieved” metric graph which for us shows about 50% utilitized. Just wondering what that is.

@Wesley_Manning,

I’m going to open up a DM with you. Could you provide a screenshot to help me understand what you’re referencing?