Storing to an application global

Hello, I am trying to figure out how to store to an application global within a workflow. Currently I am trying to use the Storage: set value node, however, in using the name of the global as the key, it simply creates a key with the same name local to the workflow. Is there a way to do what I am trying to accomplish?

There’s not a built-in way to do this, but you could accomplish it using the Losant API Node and the Application: Patch action. You would have to replace the entire globals array in the request body, not just the properties you wish to change. See the application patch schema for details.

We typically think of globals as values that should not be changing across workflow runs; we designed them with storing things like API keys and messaging contact info in mind. Can I ask what your use case is where you want to change the globals across workflow runs? It sounds like you’ve already tried the Get Value and Store Value nodes and they weren’t getting you the end result you needed.