SignalR Integration

https://developer.elevate.services/api/spec/calling/index.html?q=call#dev-guide-notifications-hub-guide

Trying to use the above API to make an IOT device that shows the status of phone calls from a cloud-based phone system…

Having trouble because they use the SignalR Core client library and I cant seem to figure out a way to make it work with a device…

Hey Gavin,

Losant does not natively support SignalR. SignalR is a streaming API, which means Losant has to open a persistent connection to the SignalR/Elevate service and wait for events. While Losant can do that for a few types of services, Signal4 is not currently one of them.

Streaming APIs like this are a bit tricky when used in a service-to-service model (like Elevate → Losant). Signal4 is primarily designed for browsers and the connection is only open for as long as the user is actively visiting the web page.

When used in a service-to-service model, a service has to be continually running somewhere to keep that connection open and receive events. So a workaround to interface with this API is to create a service using one of the Signal4 client libraries and host that service on a small cloud VM. The service would subscribe to the Signal4 endpoint and then POST every message it receives to a Losant Webhook. Essentially acting as a bridge between Signal4 and webooks.

Thanks Brandon,

This is just a proof of concept and I think I found out how to make it software agnostic…

This project on git hub will call a URI/L when audio reaches a level… and do keep alive and so on… really nifty … and can still use webhooks…

Currently experiencing the pains of WebSocket-type stuff not being reliable on another system for a map …

Not to use this a a chat forum but I can not wait to get back up there and visit Urban Artifact and hoof hearted… I was able to use an esp8266 and the webhook api with zoom to make on on air light… these projects might seem trivial but I learn by doing and am not the best programmer like your platform and keep pointing others to you…

1 Like