Refresh Dashboard After User Interaction

I have users input some data from their devices to these input blocks, I then run some checks against them in a workflow. After checking that the input data successfully clears the workflow, I would like to refresh the dashboard which should show a new device upon refresh if the user’s input matched the data in my table.

I attempted to do this by redirecting the user to the same page after the workflow successfully completes but it seems the dashboard device list does not update:

Other parts are working from user input to device creation to device display in the list… except for now I have to manually click the URL bar and refresh the page to reflect the change.

You can see here after a manual refresh the device shows up as expected:

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong here?

@Leo_Bach1

Unfortunately, the problem here is that Endpoint Reply Node can not respond to a Virtual Button (because it’s not an Endpoint).

This best thing here is to have this form be an HTML form. Then, you can properly redirect the user after form submission. It would be very similar to the approach we took in this post:

Endpoint not replying to a Virtual Button makes sense. I should have noticed that right away.

Having a separate custom page for each form that I need my user to submit plus dashboards that help my users navigate from a list of all machines to a specific machine (with assigned sensors listed) to a specific sensor dashboard seems very cumbersome from a user experience point of view.

I appreciate this advice and can resort to a separate form page for every user required interaction if it’s absolutely necessary, but is there no way to submit an HTML form on my user’s behalf using a dashboard page and the input blocks as a way to gather user required information?

I’m not sure I see the benefit of taking user input from a separate page as an HTML form as opposed to using the input block from a dashboard… I still do verification of the input within a workflow but the more dashboard space I can use to add user actions, the simpler the interface for my users (which is absolutely key to my success).

Maybe it is because I don’t understand the “why” of your previous statement:
“really they should not be interacting with your Experience’s application logic”
that is the missing piece for me on why this is an inappropriate/frowned upon form of passing data form an experience user to my application. Can you help me understand why this is poor form?

In order to get my users to be able to get abstracted away from gateways and sensors I need some sort of user defined container (what I’ve been calling a “Machine/System” which is a user created Losant device — at least for now) which will be the connector for the data that comes in from both the gateways and sensors assigned to that are associated with the specific Machine.