Invalid Device ID with Particle Photon

I’m getting a ValidationError Invalid device ID: when using a Particle Photon.
I believe this is rooted in the Device: Get node which is configured based on the tutorial for this device.
The attached screenshot shows the debug log and the setup for the node.

Hello @Sven_Schmode,

Welcome to the Losant Forums! We’re happy you’re here.

It looks like you’ve got an error in your template for the particle_device_id. it should just be {{data.coreid}}. So, you should remove the {% raw %} and {% end % } from your template in the Device: Get configuration.

We did identify that this was an error with the blog formatting on our side, we’re working on a fix right now.

Let me know if this works for you.

Thank you,
Heath

Thanks for the quick response. However, I’m still having the same issue.
Is it possible that the Particle Photon payload has changed since 2017 and the tutorial doesn’t apply anymore?

@Sven_Schmode,

Is it possible that the Particle Photon payload has changed since 2017 and the tutorial doesn’t apply anymore?

This is certainly a possibility, but the payload from the first screenshot you sent along contains the same information as the example payload in the blog post. This indicates that things are still working as intended.

Would you be able to share with me your Device: State node configuration?

Thank you,
Heath

Is this what you are looking for?

@Sven_Schmode,

I apologize, I should have been more clear. In your workflow, if you are following along with the blog post, you should have a Device: State Node. Do you have one? If so, can you send a screenshot of its configuration (similar to what you sent for the Device: Get node you sent earlier)?

Thank you,
Heath

No proble

m, here it is.

@Sven_Schmode,

Perfect! Thank you.

First thing I notice is the {% raw %}. Those values should just be {{data.temperatureF}} and {{data.voltage}}.

Does this help?

Heath

Not yet. I noticed that my result path is empty in Device: State. Do I need something there?

@Sven_Schmode,

You wouldn’t happen to have any leading spaces in the Tag Value, would you?

Taking a very close look at this image you sent:

You might have a leading space here. That would cause this error.

Let me know if this works.

Heath

That was it. A leading space in front of the ID value. Thanks for your help!

1 Like