How to make a button to export directly in the dashboard

Hi !,

I need the node button in the dashboard for export a “data table log” of my device,
this is a raspberry pi 3 b and I’m programming it with python to communicate it with Losant.

I’m tried with next configuration of node’s :

Captura%20de%20pantalla%20de%202018-10-01%2013-53-46

Hi Pedro,

There are several different ways of achieving this goal, but I think this is the simplest way.
First, create a workflow that uses a button as you have, and then use the Losant API Node to call data table rows export, which given an email address and a query will send an email with an attachment of the resulting data. After that add an Input Controls Block, add a control of type “Button Trigger”. Set the button trigger to trigger a “Workflow”, specify the name of the workflow you just created and the button to trigger the export.

Hope this helps,
Erin

Hi, please I need your help… how I can to create the link or get the result file?

Tks!

Hi @Hugo_Hernan_Ruiz,

The link would be created on the dashboard with an Input Controls Block that has a button. This button will trigger a workflow with your desired functionality. You can manipulate your data in the workflow (create a CSV, XML, etc.) and send it with an Output Node such as Email, SMS, Slack, Sendgrid, Twilio, and many others. The result file can be attached within many of these Outputs.

Please let me know if I can help further!
Julia

1 Like

Ok perfect, thank you! but how can I make the email file carry the attachment?

Now I have this result in the html body:

@Hugo_Hernan_Ruiz-

A walkthrough on how to send an email attachment with SendGrid can be found here, a walkthrough that also formats with a CSV Node can be found here.

Thanks!
Julia

1 Like

Tnks! Thank you! How can I attach it using the Email node?

The SendGrid Node is simply a more advanced version of the Email Node and allows for more customization. Attachments are not available in the Email Node, but are in the SendGrid Node. If you do choose to change over to a SendGrid Node, you can still use your custom HTML, you will only need to change your “content” to allow for the HTML:

Thanks,
Julia

1 Like