Heltec LoRa WiFi 32 (V2) compatable with WiFi 101 Library?

Hello all,

I have been trying for weeks now to troubleshoot how to get the WiFi Arduino 101 to work on my Heltec WiFi 32 board. I have installed all necessary librarys, such as PubSubClient, ArduinoJson, and WiFi101. Now I am wondering, is the board even compatible with the library? At first I was getting this message:

WiFi101\src\WiFiMDNSResponder.cpp:24:26: fatal error: avr/pgmspace.h: No such file or directory

I fixed that by replacing the line it is referencing to this:

#if (defined(AVR))
#include <avr\pgmspace.h>
#else
#include <pgmspace.h>
#endif

However, now that I replaced it what I get it this:

socket/include/socket.h:1839:32: error: conflicting declaration of C function ‘sint8 close(SOCKET)’

NMI_API sint8 close(SOCKET sock);

AND

esp32\1.0.4/tools/sdk/include/newlib/sys/unistd.h:30:9: note: previous declaration ‘int close(int)’

int _EXFUN(close, (int __fildes ));

Did replacing the avr header in WiFiMDNSResponder.cpp cause this? Or is this library simply not compatible with the Heltec board?

Hello!

We here at the Losant Forums are happy to assist with anything regarding the Losant Platform. For Arduino software and hardware support, I would recommend checking out the Arduino Forums. There is not a visible Losant library in your code snippet, is there anything I can assist with regarding Losant or Losant’s libraries?

Thanks!
Julia