Heat map or GPS style history for non GPS data

Hi

We would love to see a variation on the GPS heat map and history but for other data.

For instance we work with pumps and where they sit on their performance curve is typically defined by a couple of parameters. For instance RPM and discharge pressure (though it could be other measures like flow)

These can be plotted on a graph X - RPM, Y Discharge.

If we could then supply a bitmap/svg as a background and be able to plot these points (history) or heatmap on X/Y custom ranges would be fantastic. This allows other people to see where the current behavior of the equipment sits on the manufacturers performance curve.

I am sure this would be applicable to a range of other forms of interpretaion.

here is an example of one pump curve.

We can plot flow vs rpm, or head (pressure) vs flow and see where it sit’s

Cheers

Tim

1 Like

This is a pretty cool block idea. We’ll noodle on it internally to figure out the best way to offer it in a somewhat generic way.

1 Like

Would the new Position Chart block address this?

Yep, the new Position Chart can do this.

1 Like

Hi Brandon.

Really glad to see this feature. However it misses the mark for us.
We want to plot multiple points and not a path (ie first and last) or with lines.

We would like to see discete points. The path doesn’t make sense in the context of the image in the original request.

I am using a custom marker to provide a single point (is this very efficient) but the path is the real problem as it obscures the points.

Tim, currently you can plot a point at every reported position by modifying the advanced pin style configuration and removing the checks for first and last point. You can even render different markers based on a number of factors, including whether it’s the first or last point in the data set.

As for the path getting in the way, what if we added a checkbox to disable drawing the lines on the chart? Would that satisfy your requirement?

1 Like

Hi Dylan

Thanks for the reply. I am pretty sure just being disabling the line would be a great start, (love to see heatmap later :wink:

Thanks