Experience Views walkthrough

went through Part 4 “User registration” and from what I can see, a user that just registered would immediatly get access to the / home page.
What’s the best way from preventing that from happening?
Instead of the Home page it should show a “temprary page for admin approval” or something like that.

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

You have a couple of options here, I would recommend either routing to a new page or reloading the same page with a text banner. This will require a variable of some kind allowing you to differentiate a verified user from a non-verified user. This variable could be assigned as “false” when a user is created, and updated to “true” when you approve the user. Then, you would use a conditional within the /login workflow to prevent rendering / if the user has not also been approved, or to append the “pending” text to the current page.

Let me know if this is not ideal for your use case.

Thanks!
Julia

That sound like it could work.
Looking at the imported workflow “endpoint-create-account.flow” I’m a bit confused on how the Mutate nodes work in conjunction with the endpoint replies, since the message visible on screen when submitting a non valid email address, is not defined anywhere in there. Is that a built in function of the bootstrap?

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

The login failure banner exists as a component, and is rendered using a conditional in the page configuration. The following are screenshots that show where this conditional value is utilized:

Thanks!
Julia