ESP32 wifi network change function

1. I have successfully connected ESP32 with Losant platform after that, where can I switch my current WiFi network to another WIFI network?

2. Is there an API for this on the Frontend application ?

Hi @Custos.us,

1. I have successfully connected ESP32 with Losant platform after that, where can I switch my current WiFi network to another WIFI network?

To switch your device to another network you will need to put in the new credentials into the firmware of your ESP32 device.

1. Is there an API for this on the Frontend application ?

Are you looking to change which wifi your ESP32 is connected to via Losant? Or are you looking for a different feature?

It is not possible to change which wifi you device is connected to in the Losant platform. As I mentioned before, you would need to update those credentials in your firmware code, and then reflash the device.

Please let me know if this answers your questions.

Thank you,
Heath

we are building a mobile application that is a requirement from product management team. When user connected his gateway which runs on ESP32 we would lie to give an ability to user to change wifi credentials or switch to another wifi network or update you wifi password. This application is managing an IOT device for consumer use. So you can think in this way that it is a smart home application where we can manage devices, users and networks. I am trying to understand how possible to build a consumer mobile app on top of LOSANT.