ESP32 - connect to Losant

Hello oh wise people of Losant!
I have now started dabbing into LoRa and the ESP32, specifically the “TTGO LORA ESP32 with display” board

I followed the ESP32 coding, some (A little old) from Losant at:

I tried compiling the latest example you sent me for ESP8266, and it is failing compilation on

BearSSL::WiFiClientSecure wifiClient;

It seems that Bear SSL is native to the ESP8266 branch of the Arduino compiler, but does not exist for other branches and specifically to the ESP32. Direct adding of the BearSSL c code from it’s website to the libraries directory of Arduino did not help.

Can your engineers help me connect to Losant once again?

Many thanks

Uri

Hi @Uri_Bear,

We are currently looking into this and will get back to you shortly with further information.

In the meantime, please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Thanks,
Julia

@Uri_Bear,

Since we are all working from home, I just ordered an ESP32 for testing on this. However, in the meantime, you don’t have to use our libraries to connect.

Our libraries are just tiny wrappers around MQTT Clients. In this case, if you can find an MQTT client that supports the ESP32, you can use that as well. Like this one:

You can find all the details on how to connect to the Losant Broker here:

Hi
Thank you for answering. I have used this library in the past for ESP8266 (based on Losant’s demo) but since Losant moved to SSL auth with a certificate, That solution has ceased working.

I am not much of a programmer, I need a complete solution that works. I am on the IoT device side… Please help!

I too am working from home, thank you for your support.

Uri