Dynamically change Block Header Text?

Hi Folks,

Is there any way to dynamically change the color of the Header Text of a dashboard block? I believe we can change it statically in an experience view via CSS but I was wondering if it could be animated on conditions like an indicator block contents?

thanks!

Hi Paul,

Just to clarify for myself, you are hoping to change the color of the title text in a block based on a refreshing attribute conditional while in an experience?

Thanks!
Julia

Correct. Or the background color of the title block itself.

Similar to the body section of an indicator block.

Hi @paul_wareham,

This can be done with Javascript in your experience, though you would likely need to refresh the block every so often and get the changing attribute from somewhere on the dashboard to use in the conditional. This functionality does not exist readily on the dashboard, so it would have to be done with some custom JavaScript.

Thanks!
Julia

Refresh the block or refresh the whole page?

Hi Paul,

I think refreshing the block would suffice, as long as your conditional is tied to the refreshing, and you are grabbing any changing attributes you may need from elsewhere on the dashboard.

Thanks!
Julia

gotcha,

if you guys have any examples of using javascript in experience to do something like this, it would be great to share them here.