Device attribute data

Is there a way to transfer device attribute data from one device to another?

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

There is not a prebuilt functionality to transfer attributes or attribute data between devices in the Platform. I am curious, as your answer may assist in suggesting a solution, what is your end goal and use case here?

Thanks!
Julia

We are a switching a device that is currently connected using particle (where the particle code was doing the MQTT poting to Losant) , to be using an onboard wifi interface instead where the embedded os is doing the MQTT posting. So currently this device is setup as 2 device ID’s.
It would be nice to see all the old data and new data in the same time series, but it’s not a big deal.
Could I maybe use a “system” function?

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

I don’t know that I would recommend a System device, as it would not assist in accessing the older data: the Query Interval has a maximum of 60 minutes. When you say “it would be nice to see all the old data and new data in the same time series,” would that be a Time Series Node or a Time Series Dashboard Block?

Thanks!
Julia

Yes looking closer, I understand that now.

Time series Dashboard block.

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

If you would like to visualize them together, I would recommend using both devices in your Time Series Block. Each device attribute could have an individual plot, or combine the two devices if they have identical attributes. This way, the data will fill for the new device and the old device, and you will still be able to visualize the older data. The data would still be on separate devices, but you would be able to view it as though it is one device. Would this be beneficial for your use case?

Thanks!
Julia