Context System Device

Hello good morning, I’m developing an application with the System type device but I’m having difficulties creating a structure of pages for the project I would like to know if someone can help me. I have the following idea, the system has a home page containing a list that displays all the Factories (System) when clicking on one of these factories, it will be redirected to the factory context page where it contains information regarding the factory, within that factory page will contain another list where the child devices of that factory will be displayed, and when clicking on the devices, the context page for that device will be displayed. I set up a topology to help exemplify the problem.

Hi @Lucas_Pinheiro !

My suggestion is to start with one of our application templates that contains Experience pages and a device overview page - such as our Asset Tracker Template - and then modify the dashboards to contain Device List blocks that match your criteria. Give this a try and let us know if you have any specific questions.

Thank you very much for the tip on using the Asset Template, I managed to solve some of my problems, but now I am not able to edit the device list component, I would like that when I am on the page referring to customers, the device list would show all customers, and when the page of a specific customer is selected the device list displays the devices referring to that customer, below is an image of the customer’s screen and the project I made if you want to take a look.

export-641b27ba111ad1983c2d2ebb-1679512451909-newAssetTracker.zip (68.7 KB)

@Lucas_Pinheiro what constitutes a “customer” in your solution? In the attached application export, I see two system devices named “Customer 1” and “Customer 2” … System devices are intended for rolling attribute data aggregated across multiple related devices into a singular value. For example, 10 smoke detector devices may be members of a “Smoke Detection” system that, if any of the 10 reports smoke, would receive an attribute value of “smokeDetected = true”.

We recommend using Experience Groups for building customer sets, as that feature also allows for building multi-tenancy models (where child groups have limited access to resources, but parent groups can interact with all the resources of their children). We have an “Implementing a Multi-tenancy Model” Deeper Dive Webinar that I suggest you watch.

As for your question about editing the device list component for that different case, I would recommend either creating a new component that is modeled off the original but then edited to match the display requirements of a list of customers vs. a list of devices, or make the original component more generic to allow for the passing of an array of items to render in a more generic way (not device-specific).

You can also check out a few entries from our Template Library that may be of use to you: