Code Management and Version Control

Hello,
I did exchange emails with support on this.
Are there any developments recently to integrate github kind of tools for version control?

We are developing a scalable project, where we need to ensure multiple environments and versions. It is becoming difficult for the developers to keep track of it.

If you could create a video with the tools and best practices being following for version control, it would be helpful to many customers and developer community at large.

Hello,

Your request (1508) has been updated. To add additional comments, reply to this email.

\ 40x40 Heath Blandford (Losant Support Portal)

Jun 29, 2021, 9:43 EDT

Hello Hari,

We do have Workflow Versioning and Experience Versioning, but they are not exactly Git-like version control.

I have seen some custom uploads to Git for control, and you can learn more about what is inside a Losant Export.

Version control has been a very popular topic of conversation and is certainly on our product radar. I will be sure to add a +1 on these features.

Thank you,
Heath

\ 40x40 Mura Hari

Jun 28, 2021, 23:49 EDT

Hello,

We are looking for some guidance on “Code Management and Version Control” to follow in Losant.

Do we have any possibility to maintain the same using GitHub or other similar tools?

Thank you

Hari

@Mura_Hari,

This is a great idea, and I definitely agree that this will benefit the Losant community and developers alike!

I will add this to our content list and will let you know as soon as it is released!

Thank you,
Heath

1 Like