Change time graph duration based on context

It would be great to be able to change the default duration for a time series graph based on the value of a context variable. We have situations where the device may be offline and the customer would like to see a longer timescale by default without having to manually change it.

Hi Paul,

I will create a feature request with our engineers and let you know if it is selected for development!

Thanks,
Julia

any updates on this?

The reason me asking is that I have an application where I record a certain start/stop time depending on some time series changes and present those as rows in a custom html table.
I would like to make a link of each row to show a time series graph with the duration being those previously recorded start and stop times.
Shouldn’t I be able to do this?

Hi @Lars_Andersson,

This Feature Request has not yet been implemented, but I will keep you updated on the status.

You could make use of the t query parameter in order to create a link within your Custom HTML Block, but you’ll have to determine the logic for the timestamp within the block. For example, to view the dashboard 60 minutes ago, my dashboard link would be https://app.losant.com/dashboards/5ddd4e44fxxx?t=1586794726137.

Thanks!
Julia

but the t parameter can only define where to start showing the graph from? not where to end it?

is there not a variable for when to end the graph?

@Lars_Andersson,

No, our visualizations are based on a time and duration, not start and end time.

ok, so if there is a t variable for time, is there a d variable for duration?

@Lars_Andersson,

Currently, the only option today is time. However, their are tickets to make some improvements in this area. I just +1 it for you and let you know if anything happens.

Any updates on this topic here ?

Hey Lars,

I don’t have an update for you. I will, though, bump this ticket for you again and follow up with you with what I learn about it.

Thank you,
Heath