BACnet:Read not showing any response from BACnet IP devices

I have a Losant Edge Agent installed on my Ubuntu 18.04 machine.
I want to read the data from BACnet device running on local network.
The local IP of my device is 192.168.10.5
Adding these IPs on the node configuration of my Losant Edge Compute does not show any respones.
If I set host port, or incoming port template to 47808 (default BACnet UDP port), it says " incoming port is invalid".
Without inputting these parameters, we get bacnet-read error.
My questions are:
*** What are these parameters in the context of BACnet IP devices?**
*** Why my port values show invalid when I try to enter some static port number there?**
*** Is there any way I can send WhoIs command from Losant Edge Compute?**
*** Can I program a custom node for sending data using Losant Edge Compute?**
*** What’s the solution for bacnet-read error?**

Hello @Hamza_Nisar,

Welcome to the Losant Forums, we’re happy to have you!

Adding these IPs on the node configuration of my Losant Edge Compute does not show any response.

Would you be able to tell me which node you are using?

*** What are these parameters in the context of BACnet IP devices?**

Our documentation on the BACNet Read Node describes these in the context of BACNet IP Devices.

*** Why my port values show invalid when I try to enter some static port number there?**

Would you be able to share a screenshot of your configuration and it’s errors? That allow me to help more!

*** Is there any way I can send WhoIs command from Losant Edge Compute?**

This is a great question. Let me find an answer with some internal folks, and I’ll get back to you on this one!

*** Can I program a custom node for sending data using Losant Edge Compute?**

What kind of data would you like to send? There are a few different ways you can get data down to the Losant Edge Agent.

*** What’s the solution for bacnet-read error?**

You had previously mentioned that when you don’t put in anything for the host port or incoming port you get a bacnet-read error. This is because there are no configuration parameters for the Edge Agent to read from.

Thanks so much,
Heath