Architecting Data Storage options

Hello,
pls refer to the article:

We would like to know the retention period and charges for utilizing storage from different cloud providers. We may have a 2 years of retention policy for the data. we need to craft an effective and economic way of this data retention and archival.

Hello @Mura_Hari,

We would like to know the retention period and charges for utilizing storage from different cloud providers.

Are looking for the cost Losant would impose if using a different cloud provider? Or, are you looking for us to provide you with information on the associated cost of using a different cloud provider?

We may have a 2 years of retention policy for the data. we need to craft an effective and economic way of this data retention and archival.

Are these requirements that you are looking to fill for your data storage options?

Would you be able to tell me more about what you are looking to do? From your questions, it seems as though you are trying to move data from Losant to another cloud provider and are looking for some guidance on:

1. How to best accomplish this, and
  2. Costs associated

Is this correct?

Thank you,
Heath

Thank you @Heath , your understanding is correct.

1. How to best accomplish this, and
  2. Costs associated

@Mura_Hari,

Addressing both of those points individually:

1. We have numerous options for sending data from Losant to another cloud provider. We have Application Archiving and first-class node support for AWS S3 and GCP BigQuery, as well as Azure Functions. With these options, you can use Losant workflows to send data from Losant to that cloud provider. The best option, or the best way to accomplish this is certainly dependent on your needs and how your application is currently architected.

2. As for costs associated, I cannot speak directly on the cost that you will incur from other cloud providers. I would suggest that you look for pricing information on their websites, and specifically, the pricing associated with the specific storage options (as well as the mechanism for import) you will be using. The cost associated with doing this from the Losant side will be in the way of payloads. Depending on how you are getting your data out of Losant, you may end up using more payloads.

Please let me know if this answers your questions.

Thank you,
Heath