Workflow Enable Disable Logging

Hello,

I had a workflow that I found disabled.
The workflow handled alerting to incoming device states for one of our sites.

I only found it when one of our technicians asked why alerts were not happening.

Is there any logging of who disabled or when a workflow was disabled?
Is there any way to lock a workflow to be enabled?

The only workaround I could think of was to have the workflow trigger on a timer to some external app, almost like a keep-alive, and if that keep-alive stops, something might be wrong.

I know the easy answer here is “Well don’t disable the workflow”, unfortunately I dont know if I disabled it, or if one of my other admins disabled it, I only know that it got disabled somehow.

Hello @Kyle_Stokes2,

These are great questions.

Is there any logging of who disabled or when a workflow was disabled?

If you have a Losant Enterprise license, you can enable Audit Logs which would allow you to view the creation, modification, and deletion of Losant resources by your organization’s team members.

Is there any way to lock a workflow to be enabled?

There is currently not a way to “lock” a workflow in an enabled or disabled state. The workaround you have mentioned is viable, but if you are sending that heartbeat to another workflow in Losant, it would be dependent on the Keep-Alive workflow being enabled as well. :slight_smile:

Please let me know if this answers your questions, or if you have any others!

Thank you,
Heath

Thank you Heath. Is there a way to determine if we have an Enterprise License or any document on the differences between whatever my organization currently has and what an Enterprise would offer?

I looked in the Organization settings and did not see anything the Audit Log settings, leading me to conclude that we do not have the Enterprise license. Is there anywhere I can look that would indicate our license type, or what other features may come along with that license?

I’ve reached out to John Scheels, as did my manager, but we have not heard back as of a couple of days. Since it is end of year, might have just caught him on vacation.