SQL Node on Edge

Should I be able to use server type MySql for a MariaDB?

We have not explicitly tested MariaDB. The client API is advertised as compatible with MySQL, so in theory it may work. This is something you’ll have to test yourself.

OK, I switched to MySQL instead.

Now I get the error:
SQLNodeError
ER_NOT_SUPPORTED_AUTH_MODE: Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server; consider upgrading MySQL client

Can you please provide the authentication mechanism that your MySQL database is currently configured with?

I figured it out, I had to switch back to Standard authentication for the username I used, to get it working.
Any info on how I should do it if I wanted to use SSL/TLS ?

I would expect checking the TLS/SSL checkbox and then providing a username and password is all that would be required. Is that what you did to receive the previous error message?

No, I wasn’t sure how to do it. The user I was using was setup for secure password authentication on the Mysql server side.

I believe using secure password authentication on the server side, then checking the TLS/SSL box in node configuration is the required combo to get a secure connection.

If that’s the case, how should I configure the “additional configuration method” box?
Or is that optional?

Those options are based on this:

Properly setting up SSL for you MySQL server and obtaining your CA certificate is a bit beyond the level of support we can provide. The quickest option during development, however, is to pass { rejectUnauthorized: false } through those options.

In production, you will eventually want to pass another parameter, ca, which is the contents of your CA certificate.